The New Hogwarts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Hogwarts is born from the ashes of chaos, and destruction of the war. Join here to take extensive Hogwarts classes, and roleplay in an interactive world.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
The forum is now open, register and join the fun!
Top posters
Charles Monroe
Opening Ceremony I_vote_lcapOpening Ceremony I_voting_barOpening Ceremony I_vote_rcap 
Evangeline Lestrange
Opening Ceremony I_vote_lcapOpening Ceremony I_voting_barOpening Ceremony I_vote_rcap 
Shikanna Blackrose
Tina Toolan
Ted Lupin
Lorcan Avery
Professor Eric Stavrig
Professor Manuél Runcorn
effie moon
Cadmus Peverell
Latest topics
» Where the Dark Things Are
Opening Ceremony I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 8:40 am by Professor Manuél Runcorn

» Gilbert von Herz
Opening Ceremony I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 6:34 pm by Gilbert von Herz

» Godric's Visitors. (Shikanna & Evangeline only.)
Opening Ceremony I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 3:39 pm by Shikanna Blackrose

» Reunion's
Opening Ceremony I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 3:28 pm by Lorcan Avery

» Professor Manuél's Office
Opening Ceremony I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 6:48 pm by Professor Manuél Runcorn

» Hogwarts Jobs
Opening Ceremony I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 5:42 pm by Charles Monroe

» Order of the Phoenix Applications
Opening Ceremony I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 7:02 pm by Professor Manuél Runcorn

» Magical Abilities
Opening Ceremony I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 6:55 pm by Professor Manuél Runcorn

» Professor Immanuel "Manuél" Runcorn
Opening Ceremony I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 2:42 pm by Professor Manuél Runcorn

The Plot
It has been nineteen long years since HE-WHO-MUST-NOT-BE-NAMED and the Death Eaters were driven from the Wizarding World. The Trio (Harry, Ron, and Hermoine) were praised as heroes; while the fallen were immortalized. The Wizarding World eventually grew out of the clenches of fear, and oprression; following the new winds of freedom, and peace. (Read On...)
The Chatbox

Chatbox
About the Chatbox
Chatbox Rules

Opening Ceremony

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Charles Monroe
Administrator
Administrator
Charles Monroe

Character Age: Character Age: : 38
Posts Posts : 95
Job Job : Charms Professor

Opening Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Opening Ceremony   Opening Ceremony I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 7:30 am

The Great Hall was filled with students, they chatted wildly along the hall. None of them had ever been to Hogwarts, the school was simply a fairy tale to them; something their parents would speak about from time to time. Charles sat from behind a table alongside the rest of the staff, he got to his feet and grinned, approaching the podium. With a patient grin he beamed to the students and than cleared his throat.

The entire hall quieted down rather quickly, and all heads in the room turned to the headmaster. "I would like to welcome all of you, to Hogwarts a School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Many of you, I'm hoping are familiar with it; both good, and" He stopped and grinned, "the bad. This great school of ours has been closed for almost nineteen years, and not a soul has stepped inside; until today. Students you now sit inside the hall that your parents sat, and your Great Grand-parents, and their parents before them."

Whispers of excitement filled the hall until he spoke again, "Over the next seven years of your wizarding education, you will be given the very best education and will be granted the ability to master friendships which can last you a life time. Hogwarts is a strict school we do not encourage violence, or magic in the corridors. Tonight, as you join me, the staff and your school friends you sign a blood oath with one another; an oath of family, and brotherhood, tonight as we dine; we are family."

There was a sudden outburst of applause from the staff table, and Charles turned back and smiled. He was quite nervous, though he wouldn't show it. Especially not now, he was almost finished with the speech; and than the festivities would commence. His first day as Headmaster would come to an end, and the rest of term would begin.

"As a brilliant man once said, 'together we can always find happiness inside the darkest times'." Charles wiped his lips. "Thank you all, get back to your dinner before it gets cold!" He called over the applause and turned on his heals taking a seat back at the staff table.
Back to top Go down
https://anewhogwarts.rpg-board.net
Tina Toolan
Tina Toolan

Character Age: Character Age: : 16
Posts Posts : 32
School Status: : Ravenclaw First Year
Job Job : Going to school, boy

Opening Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening Ceremony   Opening Ceremony I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 11:49 pm

Tina smiled nervously as the headmaster sat back down. She had never been amonsgst so many people before.
She looked around. Everyone, except the staff of course, was dressed in Hogwarts robes. That, as far as Tina could tell, was all they had in common.
A crescendo of chat was rising in the hall as the feat began. Tina didn't feel every hungry; she doubted she had ever been so excited in her life; but she reached for a drumstick anyway. As she raised it to her mouth she caught her reflection in her golden plate...she was so pale. She laughed feebly at herself and firmly thought 'get a grip Tina. It's gonna be great here. Do NOT vomit on your first day here.' Feeling slightly better, she took a bite of the chicken. It was delicious.
Tina looked up and caught the eye of the girl across the table from her, who smiled. Tina smiled back. It was going to be fine.
Back to top Go down
Charles Monroe
Administrator
Administrator
Charles Monroe

Opening Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening Ceremony   Opening Ceremony I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 11:54 pm

Charles left the stage, walking behind the staff table and shook his head. The eyes of the room shot to him and glued to him as he walked. As he approached a table of Ravenclaw he smiled to all of them and waved. "Well hello there,' Came his voice soft yet stern, his bright blue eyes almost glowing. He gave a bright smile to each of them and in return they looked nervous as the headmaster began to converse with one girl and than patted a boy on the back. "How're the drum sticks?" The headmaster laughed.
Back to top Go down
Professor Eric Stavrig
Professor Eric Stavrig

Character Age: Character Age: : 35
Posts Posts : 9
Job Job : Potions Professor

Opening Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening Ceremony   Opening Ceremony I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 12:12 am

Eric applauded with everyone else in the hall. He remembered Charles Monroe from when he attended school himself, albeit not very well. They barely shared a year at the school before Monroe had left but had got on well.
But he would never had pictured Monroe as headmaster of Hogwarts...although judging from that speech he would make a very fine headmaster indeed. Eric couldn't say the same for his teaching. (Not that he said much anyway.) The thought of his first lesson made the 'Professor's stomach turn. But anyway...he could think about that later. Or preferably not at all...
As Eric tucked into the delicious feast he scanned their new students. His darting eyes immediately picked out some boys flicking peas at each other and memorised their faces. He was a fair man but he not going to waste his time. His love and understadingof the art of potion-making meant that Eric's students would have to concentrate in his class or pay the penalty. He was hardly a man you could ignore.
One of the other teachers made conversation with Eric and he turned politely to chat. His accent, having been brought up by people with English accents, was mostly resemblent of his parents but years abroad and a Romanian wife had given it a European tinge. The witch he spoke to was distracted by another teacher and Eric returned to his meal.
Back to top Go down
Tina Toolan
Tina Toolan

Opening Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening Ceremony   Opening Ceremony I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 12:18 am

Tina jumped, as she realised the Headmaster was behind her. She dropped the drumstick, and almost chocked on what she was swallowing in an effort not to look rude. "Oh -er- delicious-" She panicked. She couldn't remember his name. After a ridiculously long pause she added "-Sir!". Her lips reddened as it always had, the blood for some reason never rose to her cheeks. It was a useful trick as she had only to wear lipstick and no one would no she was embarassed. Today however, Tina wore only eye-liner and felt extremely foolish. She was usually a very confisdent, no-nonsense type of girl but being aware that hundreds of eyes were on you seemed to bring out Tina's clumsy, timid side.
Back to top Go down
Ted Lupin
Ted Lupin

Posts Posts : 30

Opening Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening Ceremony   Opening Ceremony I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 12:20 am

Ted was running a little late. He had promised Tina he'd meet her at the ceremony. He had put on his old robes and snuck into the castle hoping he could get away with seeing her as much as possible.He was rushing down the great hall,it had only been a few hours since he'd last seen her but he'd missed her,and he didnt want to be caught. He wished he would've brought Harry's cloak... He got to the doors,they were open. He tried to make his entrance as sly as possible and as soon as he spotted her he noticed she was right by the headmaster...."Great" he thought. He then quickly realized he was still standing and pushed some first years at the gryffindor table over to make room until she was alone again.
Back to top Go down
Charles Monroe
Administrator
Administrator
Charles Monroe

Opening Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening Ceremony   Opening Ceremony I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 1:13 am

Smiling he eyed the girl and chuckled to himself warmly. Her face amused him as she became flustered, much like he had upon meeting Dumbledore. Turning on his heals he spoke a good bye and approached the man. "Now Teddy, I don't suppose you are enrolled in Hogwarts are you?" He asked tilting his head slightly, amused. Charles knew the boy, well had seen him from old pictures from Remus and Tonks, and than Molly would fill in the members of the Order on how Teddy had been and such. Just the daily gossp, which he would pick up. "Well what can I get you?" He grinned. "But I'm assuming you've already found what you came for?" And nodded to the girl.
Back to top Go down
Tina Toolan
Tina Toolan

Opening Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening Ceremony   Opening Ceremony I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 1:19 am

Tina turned to see who the Headmaster was talking to ..surely not? Her face broke into a smile and felt her nerves drain away as she recognised the face at the Gryffindor table. Typical Ted, turning up at the opening ceremony and making the world'd worst attempt at not drawing attention to himself.
Tina laughed and her lips reddened even more as the Headmaster adressed her.
Back to top Go down
Ted Lupin
Ted Lupin

Opening Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening Ceremony   Opening Ceremony I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 1:28 am

"Oh um,no I'm done with school Professor. And I just figured I'd catch up with a few people and some food..." He caught Tinas eye and grinned. Next time he would have to remember to borrow Harry's cloak,or at least plan better.
Back to top Go down
Charles Monroe
Administrator
Administrator
Charles Monroe

Opening Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening Ceremony   Opening Ceremony I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 1:31 am

"Well it is no problem, Ted, you may stay as long as you like," Charles grinned and patted him on the shoulder. "Now that young girl is giving you the look, don't leave her waiting," He whispered into the boys ear slyly with a grin and walked back off to the staff table greeting the members with a wave.
Back to top Go down
Ted Lupin
Ted Lupin

Opening Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening Ceremony   Opening Ceremony I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 1:36 am

Teddy smiled "Thank you sir" and he rushed over to Ravenclaws table where Tina was. He couldnt help but laugh a little bit.
"Hey there, you miss me?" He said with a big grin on his face
Back to top Go down
Tina Toolan
Tina Toolan

Opening Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening Ceremony   Opening Ceremony I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 1:40 am

Tina scooted eagerly to make space for Ted. "Of course I did!" Two years with him had taught her that Ted would always turn up when it was most unlikely for him to do so, but Tina was surprised and delighted all the same.
"What did Monroe say to you?" She said suspiciously, though with a smile, as she put her arm around him. "You're not in trouble I hope?" she pondered for a second. "What am I saying, you're not a pupil! I'm not in trouble, am I?" She grinned at Ted.
Back to top Go down
Ted Lupin
Ted Lupin

Opening Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening Ceremony   Opening Ceremony I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 1:46 am

Teddy laughed "Nope,he's cool with it actually. Thought I was screwed. Actually encouraged me" Ted laughed more and then took her hand. "So how are you liking it so far?"
Back to top Go down
Tina Toolan
Tina Toolan

Opening Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening Ceremony   Opening Ceremony I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 4:12 pm

Tina laughed. "I've hardly been here an hour!" She sipped her drink and offered a plate of chips to Ted.
"I can't believe I'm really here. I don't think anyone thought there would ever be students here again." She looked up at the enchanted ceiling nd wondered if she would ever stop smiling.
Back to top Go down
Cadmus Peverell
Cadmus Peverell

Posts Posts : 4

Opening Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening Ceremony   Opening Ceremony I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 4:22 pm

Being new here,Cadmus was amazed by the amazing size of this old church,"A school?" he said to himself "well i never he replied"...He noticed some activity at the other side of the hall,He began cautiously walking towards them lugging his suitcase behind him,"So this is my new home" he said to himself.

He begin to sing "Somewhere over the mountain..." in a high pitched opera voice,Chuckling away to himself,When he looked up he didn't know where he was but he could see the school in the distance,He began walking towards it and decided the quickest journey was to go through the lake he began walking through it until he was fully submerged,Like a submarine he motored through the lake bed only bubbles on the surface notifying the "others" of his presence,He came out the other side,Still lugging his suit case behind him,Re-Entering the building Cadmus smiled to himself,The crowds were growing,His palms were sweating his knees were getting weak,He turned to his donkey Pedro and gave him the nod meaning "hIt It!" ....

At that very moment Pedro revealed a boxing commentators voice "Lets get ready to rumbleeeeee!" ...He Began beat boxing and the crowd were loving it,Cadmus took center floor and started break dancing the crowd were going wild the girls fainting and the boys turning away in jealously,Cadmus was loving his new home.

He turned to Pedro,Giving him the nod,He stopped,Cadmus picked up his suit case and began to walk pushing his way through the crowd lugging his case behind him,He dissapeared off into the hall way.

Last edited by Cadmus Peverell on Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ted Lupin
Ted Lupin

Opening Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening Ceremony   Opening Ceremony I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 4:27 pm

"Yeah its pretty cool here,wish I could've been here." He didn't want to think about this being the place where his parents were murdered. He saw a distraction in the corner,but it was too blurry....He took a handful of chips and stuffed them in his mouth looking up into the ceiling with her.
Back to top Go down
Tina Toolan
Tina Toolan

Opening Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening Ceremony   Opening Ceremony I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 4:38 pm

Tina ignored the sparkly vampire and the character who died hundred, maybe thousands, of years ago. "I can't wait for lessons to start. I sound like a nerd, but I don't care." She grinned.
Back to top Go down
Ted Lupin
Ted Lupin

Opening Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening Ceremony   Opening Ceremony I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 4:43 pm

"Yeah,you'll like that for maybe a week" said Ted. He hated studying,he like going out walking the streets more. "You'll end up missing me and wanting to come back,trust me"
Back to top Go down
Tina Toolan
Tina Toolan

Opening Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening Ceremony   Opening Ceremony I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 5:25 pm

Tina gave Ted a meaningful look. They both liked to cause trouble, but apart from that, they were very different. Tina loved to learn new things - all most as much as she loved Teddy. After a long silence she asked, "What's Hogsmeade like?"
Back to top Go down
Ted Lupin
Ted Lupin

Opening Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening Ceremony   Opening Ceremony I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 5:39 pm

Teddy took another handful of chips and looked around. "Hmm its alright,lots of shops,but not as good as Diagon alley.Why you sick of this place already?"
Back to top Go down
Tina Toolan
Tina Toolan

Opening Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening Ceremony   Opening Ceremony I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 6:22 pm

"You wish!" Tina thought of all the floors she had yet to explore, not to mention the grounds. No one here knew she was an animangus either; that meant there was even more mischief to be had. She took a chip off Teddy, her eyes glazed over as she drifted off into her thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Ted Lupin
Ted Lupin

Opening Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening Ceremony   Opening Ceremony I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 6:58 pm

Yes he did wish,but he also wanted her to be happy,and he could see from the look her eyes that she was. He started browsing the table for more food finding a couple desserts. He ate and watched her while she looked all dreamy.
Back to top Go down
Charles Monroe
Administrator
Administrator
Charles Monroe

Opening Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening Ceremony   Opening Ceremony I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 12:04 am

He had watched the small commotion of the oddly dressed man, and whispered several words into the new caretakers ear. The nervous young man, quivered and nodded his head following the man with the suit case. Charles chuckled and brought his goblet to his lips, taking a hearty sip of pumpkin juice.
Back to top Go down
Cadmus Peverell
Cadmus Peverell

Posts Posts : 4

Opening Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening Ceremony   Opening Ceremony I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 7:02 pm

Cadmus trips over a badly placed wand,He falls to the ground,Grazing his knee,He let's out a scream,Breaking many windows in the vicinity,He gets up,Peeling his knee off the ground and affixes it back in place

He turns to Charles and waves,Smiling evilly "So this is my new home" he says to himself he skips off into the halls looking for his dorm,Lugging his suitcase behind him

Last edited by Cadmus Peverell on Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Charles Monroe
Administrator
Administrator
Charles Monroe

Opening Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening Ceremony   Opening Ceremony I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 7:10 pm

Charles watched the boy do his little act and gave him a small clap. Obviously, he was looking for attention; "Yes, enjoy," He spoke turning to the rest of the staff who were busy talking amongst themselves.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Opening Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opening Ceremony   Opening Ceremony I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Opening Ceremony
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The New Hogwarts :: The Wizarding World :: Hogwarts: School of Withcraft and Wizardry :: Ground Floor :: The Great Hall-
Jump to: