The New Hogwarts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Hogwarts is born from the ashes of chaos, and destruction of the war. Join here to take extensive Hogwarts classes, and roleplay in an interactive world.

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
The forum is now open, register and join the fun!
Top posters
Charles Monroe
Where the Dark Things Are I_vote_lcapWhere the Dark Things Are I_voting_barWhere the Dark Things Are I_vote_rcap 
Evangeline Lestrange
Where the Dark Things Are I_vote_lcapWhere the Dark Things Are I_voting_barWhere the Dark Things Are I_vote_rcap 
Shikanna Blackrose
Tina Toolan
Ted Lupin
Lorcan Avery
Professor Eric Stavrig
Professor Manuél Runcorn
effie moon
Cadmus Peverell
Latest topics
» Where the Dark Things Are
Where the Dark Things Are I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 8:40 am by Professor Manuél Runcorn

» Gilbert von Herz
Where the Dark Things Are I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 6:34 pm by Gilbert von Herz

» Godric's Visitors. (Shikanna & Evangeline only.)
Where the Dark Things Are I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 3:39 pm by Shikanna Blackrose

» Reunion's
Where the Dark Things Are I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 3:28 pm by Lorcan Avery

» Professor Manuél's Office
Where the Dark Things Are I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 6:48 pm by Professor Manuél Runcorn

» Hogwarts Jobs
Where the Dark Things Are I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 5:42 pm by Charles Monroe

» Order of the Phoenix Applications
Where the Dark Things Are I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 7:02 pm by Professor Manuél Runcorn

» Magical Abilities
Where the Dark Things Are I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 6:55 pm by Professor Manuél Runcorn

» Professor Immanuel "Manuél" Runcorn
Where the Dark Things Are I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 2:42 pm by Professor Manuél Runcorn

The Plot
It has been nineteen long years since HE-WHO-MUST-NOT-BE-NAMED and the Death Eaters were driven from the Wizarding World. The Trio (Harry, Ron, and Hermoine) were praised as heroes; while the fallen were immortalized. The Wizarding World eventually grew out of the clenches of fear, and oprression; following the new winds of freedom, and peace. (Read On...)
The Chatbox

Chatbox
About the Chatbox
Chatbox Rules

Where the Dark Things Are

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Professor Manuél Runcorn

Posts Posts : 6
Job Job : Defence Against the Dark Arts

Where the Dark Things Are Empty
PostSubject: Where the Dark Things Are   Where the Dark Things Are I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 8:40 am

Manuél was pacing up and down outside Borgin and Burkes, as if daring himself to go in for the first time in twenty years. Every so often, he would shudder, or else look down at his hand to check that his Disillusionment Charm had not somehow stopped working.

If it had been up to him the old shop wouldn’t still be standing. He had given enough evidence with his memories to justify burning the place to the ground. But the Head of the Auror department before Harry Potter had decided to keep the building standing as a place to gather information about the remaining Death Eaters, and by the time Potter had gained the title, the shop had gathered so much evidence for them that he couldn’t possibly have shut it down. Whenever Manuél had protested to anyone, the response had invariably been; “To catch a predator, you must think like a predator; surely you of all people can understand that?”

Manuél had eventually given in, but had constantly insisted that he would not be the one to enter the shop to gather the information. His days of acting the predator were long over.

And now he was about to enter the shop of his own free will, to find dark objects for demonstrations in his classes at Hogwarts. It was a terrible thought, but...

He took a deep breath and entered the shop. The world didn’t end.

Still feeling like he was doing something filthy, he walked in and looked through the stalls of dark magic, feeling ever thankful the Charm left him invisible.
Back to top Go down

Where the Dark Things Are
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The New Hogwarts :: The Wizarding World :: Knockturn Alley :: Borgin and Burkes-
Jump to: